Monday 3 March 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, March 3rd

That was the worst, most humiliating workout of my life.

I had it all planned out.  14.1 take two.

I got a new rope.  I practiced my double unders with the new rope all weekend.  I have the welts to prove it.

I brought my own bumper plates, since we can't drop the 10s or 15s, I brought my York 10s from home, so I could feel free to drop them as much as I wanted.

Made sure I had my compression shorts on, so the snatches wouldn't rub my upper legs raw.

Followed my nutrition plan to a T, taking my creatine the night before so I wouldn't get that parched mouth during the workout.   Caffeine, carbs, ubiquinol, the whole 9 yards.

Everything was ready.

All for nothing.

I couldn't string together 3 double unders to save my life. 4, 5, 6 attempts before I could get a rhythm going. Once I got like 10, so yay, found my rhythm. Nope, couldn't get started after that.

Kamil was starting round two and I was still trying to finish double unders for round 1.

Round two, after 5 attempts to get to 8 reps, I threw my rope away in disgust.

At this point I laughed at myself.  Went to get my rope and decided to just forget my score, take my time and just finish the workout. 

Next attempt my rope handle comes apart. 

Workout over. 

I went to cheer on Kamil, who bested his previous effort by 11 reps.  Although, it's hard to believe an extra 11 was worth the effort that went into it, but that's up to him.

Going back to my Open Rule #1.  One and done.  No more repeats. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment