Monday 31 March 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, March 31st

Kiza thought I should redo 14.5

She felt I could've paced myself better, and she was probably right.

But decided not to.

The alternate workout started with 5 sets of 3 heavy dead lifts.  Worked with Mitch and we quickly got to 275# and started our working sets. 

It may have been a bit heavy for 5 sets, but thankfully we were asked to judge the athletes that were doing 14.5

I was judging Kamil, who had done the workout right next to me last week and beat my almost 2:00.  I was 26:59 and he was 25 and change.

I would like to thank Kamil for making me feel much better about my decision not to redo this workout.  Before the first round was over it was a sufferfest.

He did manage a better time (23:57 I think) so not quite 2:00 better than his previous effort.  But I don't think it was worth that kind of pain for the love of 2 minutes.  I'm much happier having done the alternate.

The WOD was half Mary (10 minutes, instead of 20 of):
- 5 handstand push ups
- 10 alternating pistols  (or in my case 20 air squats)
-15 pull ups

Haven't done regular pull ups in a long while, having to break up chest to bar throughout the Open is a different beast than string 15 reps.

HSPU went okay,  one abmat, better than last time, so progress of sorts.

I should really work on my pistols.  One day.

Pull ups were unbroken for the first two rounds, round 3 was 10 and 5, round 4 was unbroken. Then I made 3 handstand pushups.

Total score: 4 rounds + 3.  Not bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment