Thursday 13 March 2014

Strength and mobility log for Thursday, March 13th

I don't think I've ever been so wiped after so few reps.

I decided to work on my overhead squat.  Shoulders felt relatively rested. I did no Crossfit yesterday or this morning.   My strength work yesterday was pull ups, so shoulder a bit, but mostly lats.

I wasn't planning on going heavy, just work on shoulder stabilization and breaking parallel.

Wow.  I mean, I've made some progress, even in the last week, but it is really hard.  My shoulders must be really weak. 

My mid back was working really hard too.  My feet would splay much more than my other squats.  

For now I'm happy just being able to do them.

That being said, the more I did, the better it got, but also the more fatigued my shoulders were.

I did 17 reps total.  Mostly in groups of 2 or 3. 

I got to 4 reps twice.  Once at 75# and then again after I dropped to 65#.

Stabilizing weak shoulders is exhausting.

I think this is my new task.  Once a week I'll work on OHS.  Maybe it'll help me land that power snatch achievement!

No comments:

Post a Comment