Wednesday 26 March 2014

Crossfit log for Wednesday, March 26th

Today was a chipper.

I don't usually go Wednesdays, since there is no strength component, but during the Open we are doing very little strength on Tuesdays either, and yesterday I needed the rest.

So today it was.  I missed a good workout yesterday, but today's was good too.

Yesterday was 30 burpees then 3 rounds of 7 bear complex @95# + 2 rope climbs, then 30 burpees.

Today was 1 round for time:
500m row
100 double unders
10 handstand push ups
25 front squats  95#
20 kettle bell swings 24kg
15 shoulder to overhead  95#
50 double unders.

Without trying too much, I was quick on the row.  Cost me bit, but I backed off in the last 100m.  Held 1:45/500m for the first 400 then down to 2:00/500m

Much better double unders then 14.1, still not good enough, but better.

The first 7 hspu were not too bad.  I decided to scale using 1 abmat instead of my usual 2 and do 10 reps instead of the 20 prescribed. The last 3 were harder.

The front squats were the worst.  Shoulders were tight from the handstand push ups and holding the front rack position was rough.

Kettle bell was fine shoulder to overhead was also tiring, but 15 reps wasn't too bad.

The double unders took 4 or 5 attempts to get through them, but I did it.

I could have scale the double unders to half the number (50 and 25 instead of 100 and 50), but I wanted to do them all.  Glad I did.

Time was 18 minutes and change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment