Friday 28 March 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, March 28th: 14.5 the Open finale

That was a long workout.

I had hoped to take twice as long as the elites. Closer to three times!

14.5 was the first ever Open workout that wasn't an AMRAP (or fixed time as many reps as possible).

This was for time.  And it was killer.

The workout was alternating Thrusters @ 95# and bar facing over the bar burpees.

And it was a lot of reps: 21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3

That's 84 reps of each.  So 21 thrusters, 21 burpees, 18 thrusters, 18 burpees and so on.

Took me 4:18 do to the first round, extrapolating that, I was on pace for 17  minutes and change,  about twice the time the elites took.  Great.  Except I didn't maintain that pace. 

The round of 18 took me 6:07 the round of 15 took 5:33.  It just got harder and harder despite the fact that the number of reps per round got smaller.

Finished in a whopping 26:59.  Wanted to die.  Shoulders were toast.

Judged Adam's performance, he killed it in 16:27. I don't feel so bad, if a strong performer like Adam hit my goal, I'm happy with my score.

No comments:

Post a Comment