Monday 17 March 2014

Strength and endurance log for Monday, March 17th

Maybe a rest day would've been a better idea.

After Crossfit today, I went to physio.  My shoulder range is better, lying on my back, internally rotated shoulder raised over head, I can get my left  elbow between my nose and my eye with my scapula rested on the table. It should reach my eye, as my right one does.  Before I couldn't get it to my nose.

After some dry needling it was perfect.  Like last time, but it keeps inching back.

Testing the internal rotation, again left wasn't as good a right, so more dry needling on my anterior deltoid. Much better afterwards.

So my back was sore from 14.3, and my shoulder was sore from multiple pokes, so naturally I went to the Y to workout.  ;)

I started with back squats. My back was tight but not sore, and I had no problems hitting depth with an empty bar, 95#, 135# and even 185#, but as I was putting on 225#, the thought occurred to me that this was a great opportunity to hurt myself.

So I made the wise decision to move to push press, since you know, my shoulder was really sore.

It actually worked out well, I build up to 5 touch and go at 135#, after a warm up of 65#, 95# and 115#. I did only 2 sets at 135#, the center knurling was very rough and was biting into my next when I'd receive the bar.

So then I went to run on the treadmill for 10 minutes and called it a day.

Wasn't too bad I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment