Monday 17 March 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, March 17th: 14.3 take two.

Okay, so by now you may have noticed a trend, where I say I'm only doing Open workouts once, then Monday rolls along and we find me taking a second crack at it.

This is the last time, I promise.

I blame my pacing strategy and the fact that my back was not in the least bit sore after Friday's attempt.  Clearly I didn't go hard enough.

I went Saturday, to watch the other athletes do the workout and got a few good tips.

One: step up, jump off.  Faster than step up step down, less taxing than jump up jump down.

Two: don't drop each rep.  Always do at least 2 reps, more if you can.

Three: Break up sets, even the early ones, but take very short breaks.

So I gave it one more go. Much better.

I did the first 10 at 135# very quickly, and started the set up, jump down box jumps.  I caught up to Kamil, who was going right beside me.

At 185# I did 3 sets of 5, with very short breaks.  Kamil got ahead of me here, but I caught him again on the box jumps. He noticed how quickly I was going, so he started doing them too.

Round 3, 20 reps at 225#, I did 2 sets of 5, and really started to fatigue. Took a longer break, then I did 3 more, then 2, and with coach Alex's encouragement, I got another 3, and finished off quickly with 2 more.

Started to slow on the step ups.  Did a couple of step downs, but mostly still jumped off.  Finish the box jumps at 6:43,  changed the weights to 275# and when I looked up the clock said 7:20, 40 seconds remaining.

I got a quick 2 reps, then one more and with 5 seconds left, somehow managed to get a 4th.

94.  Way better than 78.   This was my goal on Friday.  So I'm happy with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment