Monday 10 March 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, March 10th: 14.2 take two

Seven is better than one!

I know, I know, I said no more re-dos, one and done. Yeah. I know.

But my score was 1!  It wasn't even a workout.  I could do no worse.  I felt that if I focused on stabilizing my shoulders I just might managed 10 reps and get myself to that pull up bar and give 14.2 a solid effort.

Since I knew I wasn't going to get very far, I took some creatine before leaving for the gym, with my ubiquinol and testAlpha supplements.  Whether it helped or not, the world may never know.

Well I did much better.  On Friday I took somewhere around 13 attempts for only 1 successful rep, whereas today, I took maybe 10 tries and got 7.

Still didn't make it to the pull ups.  The first 5 reps took me half of the the 3:00 for round one!

Considering on Friday, 95# was my 1 rep max overhead squat, I'm pretty happy with my result.

This time,  unless you got to round 2 you had to do the alternate WOD as well. I didn't mind.  I needed to get some real work done.

-100 double unders
-5 rounds of:
-- 15 wall balls 20# med ball
-- 2 ring dips
-100 double unders.

Rx was 2 muscle ups, so that was a non-starter.  You could also scale the double unders to 50, or 200 singles.

As I fumbled through the first set of double under, I got to 49 in like 6 or 7 tries, and was ready to quit at 50, but I ended up getting a string of 29, so I kept fumbling to 100.

The wall balls started to get rough on round 5. Shoulders were fried on the ring dips, thankfully there were only 2 reps per round.

Second round of double unders I stopped at 50. It just wasn't funny. 

Feeling pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment