Tuesday 18 March 2014

Mobility and strength log for Tuesday, March 18th

Slept in today.

Coming down with something.  Went to bed feeling icky, woke at 5 feeling icky, rolled over and went back to sleep, woke at 8:00 feeling somewhat better.  Very congested, but better.

Coffee help clear the congestion.  Advil helped with the rest.  All told I got about 11 hours sleep.  Needed it.

Needless to say I missed Crossfit this morning.  My back was still tight from 14.3 so also a good thing, I think.

Went to the Y at lunch, orb massage ball, lacrosse ball and rumble roller in hand. Mashed my glutes, erectors, traps, mid/lower back, lats... the works.

Much better now.

Had about 10 minutes left, so I decided to do some weighted pull ups.  I hadn't tried for a 1 rep max ever, so I tried.  I started with some pull downs on the one of those gym machines, just to warm up (didn't feel like going to get the band).

Then I did 5 or 6 regular unweighted strict pull ups.  Got the chain belt and added a 15# dumbbell. I think I did a quick 3 reps.  Got a 25# for 2 reps.

35# for one.  Wasn't sure I got chin over bar, so I took a short break and did it again to be sure. 

45#.  Got about eyes level with the bar and that was the end.  Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment