Thursday 27 February 2014

Strength log for Thursday, February 27th.

I didn't do the WOD from yesterday.  It was something like 3 AMRAPs with 1 minute rest, one thrusters and burpees, then double unders and dumbell snatches and finally box jumps and squat cleans.

All doable at the Y, but would have taken too long to setup and working alone you never work as hard anyway.

So I did strength work.  Alternating snatch grip behind the head push press (hopefully to help my power snatch goal) and weighted strict pull ups.

Started with empty bar, then 65# and 95# for 5 reps then 115# for 3.  Started the pull ups with 8 reps band assisted, then unassisted no weight.

For working sets I did 3 sets of 3 reps at each, doing 135# on the push press and a 25# plate

Happy with that.  It was hard to stabilize the shoulder on the 3rd rep. I might have been able to go heavier on the pull ups.  Maybe next time I'll try a 35# plate.

Did my tripod stretch and sat in a squat for 6 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment