Monday 3 February 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, February 3rd

I haven't worked that hard in a long time.

After the four sets of 8 back squats at 75% of max  (185#) and the 1 rep max thruster (made 155#, failed at 165#) we had a gut wrenching WOD.

The squats were hard, but manageable. The only other record of max thrusters I have I bailed at 135#, so I guess this is my PR.  I kinda wish I'd taken the time to try again at 165#, or tried 160#.  Oh well.

5 rounds for time, 10 minute cap
25-20-15-10-5
-Thrusters 75# 
-Double unders

Rx was 95# and twice as many double unders.  45 thrusters in the two first rounds, I knew I wouldn't be doing Rx. So I figured do blue and go hard, try to finish.  Almost made it.

Plan was to do 15 + 10 thrusters first round, then 10+10, 10+5, 10, 5.  Didn't workout that way.

Did my first 15, then it was 5 and 5, already winded.  Fought through the double unders, wrecked 4 times. Managed 10 off the bat on the second round of thrusters, but then it was 6 and 4 again. Double unders went better this time. Third round I got back on track and did 10 and 5, but the double unders were a struggle again. 10 thrusters unbroken, but wrecked once in the double unders, finishing the 10 with only 5 seconds left. An extra minute and I would've finished.

Oh well, I worked hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment