Friday 14 February 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, February 14th

Mixed bag this morning.

Enjoyed the strength work. Disappointed with the skill work, enjoyed the WOD, but my back is a bit sore because of it. So a good morning.

We did close grip bench press, 4 sets of 10.  The 3 sets of 12 last time with regular bench I was unable to finish, doing 12, 12, 7 at 135#, but that was right after a 3 rep max at 185#.  So I was a bit torn.  Decided to go with 125# and had no difficulty.

Which means I chose the exact right weight, or could have gone heavier. I don't think 135# would have been successful, but maybe 130#. Oh well.  It was nice to finish the fourth set strong.

Skill was max reps kipping pull up. I've only ever done this once before and made it to 33.  I really wanted to try and hit 40, but 35 was a more realistic goal.

Made no difference, I barely got to 25!  Very disappointed.  I tried again after a long rest, but only managed 15.  I can't blame the bench press, last time we had done 10 rep max push press.  Oh well, next time.

The WOD was interesting.  7 rounds for time
- 1 rope climb
- 5 dead lifts  225#  (did 205#, but probably could have done Rx)
- 20 double unders

Once again I opted to wait for a rope rather than start at a different spot.  I knew Kamil would be quick, so I wait for his rope. Rope climb was a snap, except when I used the middle rope, it seems to be more slippery than the others (even the other new rope) and couldn't get a good clamp. Dead lifts were hard, but after a quick break to put collars on I did 4 touch and go, so I likely could have done Rx doing singles.

Double unders went really really really well.  First and last round. Took 3 tries but every other round I did 20 unbroken.  I felt like a pro!

Big thanks to Kamil for keeping count, I pretty much followed him the whole way but lost count after 3 rounds.

Finished in 13:06.  It was a good workout despite the delayed start and the tying of the shoes and getting collars on round 4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment