Friday 7 February 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, February 7th

My body is really happy this week is over.  Even without lunch time workouts yesterday and likely today, it's been an intense week.

Strength was bench press.  Lucky I didn't go to the gym yesterday, I was planning to do bench.

Started with 3 rep max then 3 sets of 12 for volume.

Worked up to 185# for 3, the last rep I had to lift my butt off the bench to get it up, so technically shouldn't count, but I got it up unassisted to I'll take it.

For the 3 sets of 12 I tried 135#, probably should have gone with 115# or 125#, but hey, go big or go home.

The first 12 was fine, better than I expected.  The second 12 was rough, the last rep was a fight.  The third set, I made it to 7 and there was nothing left. 

Happy with that.

The WOD was another killer.  A real sweat fest.

12 min AMRAP
-1 rope climb
-12 walking lunges with 16kg kettle bells in each hand
-10 toes to bar
-15 wall balls 20# medicine ball

Haven't done rope climbs in ages.  Did it all Rx which was nice, but after round two I was on track for 4 complete rounds, round 3 it all fell apart. The lunges were slow, the toes to bar couldn't chain them together, wall balls were horrible.

At the buzzer, I was 2 steps into the lunges of round 4! Ugh.

Glad it's over. Two rest days ahead of me.  Thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment