Tuesday 11 February 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, February 11th

Jury is still out as to whether it was a good idea to go to Crossfit this morning or not.

I'm still not 100%, but I slept well.  I figured I'd do what I could, and call it a day.

It was hard.

Strength work was 12 minutes to establish 1 rep max power clean + power jerk.

Maxed out at 175#, with less than a minute left, there was no time to even attempt 180# or 185#.

Following that, we did 3 sets of 1 power clean, 2 hang power cleans, 1 power clean at 70% of max clean and jerk. 70% was 130#, 75% was 139#, so I went with 135# for the sake of easy barbell math.

That went fine.  I did 4 sets because the first set I only did 1 from the hang, so I didn't count it.

The would have been awesome if I wasn't so weak from the infection.

4 minute AMRAP:
- 3 chest to bar
- 5 squat cleans  115#  (Rx was 135#)
2 minutes rest
8 minute AMRAP:
-5 push press  same bar
-9 toes to bar
12 box jumps 24" box

3 rounds + 5 reps (3 ctb, 2 cleans) for the first part
3 rounds + 9 reps (5 push press, 4 t2b) for the second part.

Was completely winded the whole time. Just brutal.  Tomorrow will be a rest day, back at it on Thursday.

Spent 10 minutes in a squat with my Asics lifting shoes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment