Monday 24 February 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, February 24th

After a weekend sitting in a car, eating crap, I really needed a good workout this morning.

I didn't want to go, but I knew I'd feel even worse than I already felt if I didn't.  I almost missed it.  I rolled over after turning off my alarm at 5:00am and when I rolled back it was 5:23!

Luckily my clock is a good 5 minutes fast, all told I was only 2 or 3 minutes late to the gym.

Started with front squat.  3 sets of 5, did 185#. 

Then we had one attempt to do a 15 rep max. So choose your weight carefully. I opted for 60% of max, so 135#.  Last two reps were a bit tough, but I could've done more.  If we every try again, I'll go for 145#

Then we had 8 minutes to work up to a heavy power snatch, because the WOD was:

15-12-9 of
- power snatch 85#
- toes to bar.

followed by AMRAP of burpee box jumps 24" box

The catch is you had to do at least 30 burpees, but there was a 10 minute cap for the whole workout. Your score was the number burpee box jumps you got in whatever time was left of the 10 minutes after you'd finished the snatches and t2b. 

If you ran out of time, you still had to keep going until you reached at least 30, if you finished 30 burpees before the 10 minutes was up, you kept going, it was an AMRAP.

Snatches are my biggest weakness, but I have so many other things to work on, that it's not even on my radar at this point. Needless to say the first part was a struggle.

My score was 1. I finished the last of the toes to bar with less than 10 seconds left. Buzzer rang as I stood up on the box for my first rep.

Then I just steadily worked through 29 more box jumps that didn't count for my score. :(

I forgot to change my shoes, and there was no way I was doing burpees or box jumps in my new lifting shoes, so after the last of the snatches, I took them off and did the t2b in my socks and my only burpee box jump too.  After that I put on my nanos to do the rest.

Dead last. Oh well.  Done is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment