Monday 24 February 2014

Strength and mobility log for Monday, Februay 24th

I really needed that.

I decided to do strict press and ring rows.  I couldn't decide between 3 sets of 3 at 120# or 5 singles at 125# for the press, 125# being my current PR.

Decision was deferred since someone was monopolizing the rack.  So I started with 500m row followed by the ring rows. 

I did 5 sets of 5 with my feet elevated so I was nearly horizontal at the start.

Between sets I worked on my tripod, stabilizing my pelvis, which sucks, but I gotta lay those bricks.  I got a bit of a talking to at physio for substituting my squat challenge for this exercise. Apparently it doesn't engage the same muscles. Oops.

Left side is better than right, but both need work.

By then the rack was free so I started my presses.  Empty bar for 5, 65# for 5, 95# for 3 and 115# for 2.  The way I was feeling during the warm up I opted for singles at my current PR.  So I did 5 sets of 1 press at 125#.  Challenging but not near impossible.  Next week I'm going for 130#.

After that I had about 5 minutes to work on my teres major stretch and exercise.  So rushed through that and called it a day.

Happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment