Tuesday 25 February 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, February 25th

I don't often Rx a WOD, but with the Open so close, and this one looked manageable,  I knew I'd be slow but not ridiculously slow, so I went for it.

The WOD was :
1000m row
followed by 5 rounds of:
- 6 hang power cleans @ 135#
- 4 chest to bar pull ups

Went too hard on the row.  With the creatine I've been taking my mouth was bone dry at 800m so I really rushed the last 200m to get to my water bottle.

The first round I did the cleans unbroken.  I drop the bar into my lap to reset my hook grip and hammered them out 1 by 1.

The pull ups were rough, rougher than usual, I got a no-rep on the first one, chest was nowhere near the bar.  After that it was okay, but couldn't string them together.  I reset after each one while still hanging on the bar. Each round was pretty much the same deal.

Round two I did 3 cleans then dropped it.  I was going to do three more when I picked it back up, but then second one landed funny so I dropped it and had to dead lift it again.  Pull ups were the same.

Round three I was able to do 3 and 3.  Round 4 as well, but it took a lot out of me. Round 5 ended up being 6 singles.

Finished in 14:49.  Dead last, but I expected that.  That was heavy for me.

The strength work was after the WOD, which we've done a few times before, and I really don't like.  Thankfully, even though we had a staggered start, with only 3 rowers, there was still plenty of time left, so I rested a good 10 minutes before attempting the strength work.

We did 4 sets of 1 power clean plus 7 push presses versus 7 unbroken toes to bar.

I stayed with 135#, which is what the stronger athletes were doing, I could have dropped to 115#, but the bar was already there, so I figured go big or go home.

The certainly weren't touch and go, but I did them.  The toes to bar went really well, chained all 7 each time.  The push press were rough, so I found myself actually looking forward to the toes to bar.

I took shorter breaks after the push press since the t2b were going well and took longer before returning to the bar.  The last set I told the coach I should've gone lighter, he said: "Last set? Too late now".  So I got it done.

Proud of myself for attacking that workout.




No comments:

Post a Comment