Monday 7 July 2014

Strength log for Monday, July 7th

Back on May 7th, I adopted an alternate training approach. which I wanted to try for a couple of months. This approach involved going for a heavy single every workout the either calling it a day, or backing off for reps.

I figure after hitting 3 PRs last week, the strategy served it's purpose.  Time to go back to my original approach.

Week one: 5 x 5 reps at 75%
Week two: 3 x 5 reps at 80%
Week three: 5 x 3 reps at 85%
Week four: 3 x 3 reps at 90%
Week five : 1 x 3 reps or 3 x 1 rep at 95%
Week six: test 1 reps max.

Plan is to do back squats on Monday, strict press on Tuesday, Dead lifts on Wednesday, Front squats on Thursday and bench press on Friday.

Started today.  Back squats 5 sets of 5 reps at 215# after warm up sets with empty bar, 135# and 185#.

After that I did some weighted pull ups.  3 sets of 5 with 15# dumbbell on the chain belt.

Solid workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment