Monday 28 July 2014

Strength log for Monday, July 28th

That was quite a workout!

I only have 3 maybe 4 workouts available to me this week, depending on whether I go to JustLift tomorrow and if I do morning workout before my flight to Thunder Bay on Thrusday, so I doubled up on strength work today.

Thankfully is was only 3 sets of 3, but at 90%, it was heavy!

Started with strict press, which I normally do on Tuesdays, but before I decide to double up, I was going to postpone squats until tomorrow.  I ran on Saturday, which I rarely do these days, so my quads and calves were a bit tight.

Worked up to 125#, 90% of max and did my three reps. It was rough, but I managed it.  The last rep on the last set was a real fight, so perfect choice of weight.

At some point during that work I decided I might as well do my squats today and get it done.

Racking the bar across my traps was really rough after all that shoulder work.

Did a couple of reps at 115#, 135#, 185# and did 3 at 225# before hitting my first working set at 255#.

Rough.

Wasn't sure I'd make 3 sets.  Again, last rep of last set was a fight.  I think I'm in a good position to retest my PRs in two weeks.

Except, I'm away next week and won't be able to hit my 1 set of 3 or 3 heavy singles at 95%. 

I need to decide if I repeat this week, or maybe last week's workout when I get back before hitting the 3 reps at 95%, then retesting, or if I just pick up where I left off. 

Maybe I'll find a way to hit the gym next week in TBay.  We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment