Wednesday 16 July 2014

Crossfit log for Wednesday, July 16th

Didn't want to go this morning.  Would have preferred to stay in bed. Even now, after the fact, I feel so tired, I just want to nap.

But I'm travelling this weekend, and I missed Monday, so I'll only get three workouts this week, plus the Crossfit games are next week, there will be no morning workouts, so I can't justify missing any classes unless I really feel like crap.

It was in fact a really good workout.

Started with strength of back squats vs deadlifts  5 sets of 5 reps alternating @ 65% of max. 

This doesn't fit my strength program very well, so I share bars with Kamil and did his weight, which ended up being 60% (170# and 195#).

It got progressively easier as my muscles woke up more with each set.

The WOD was a chipper sprint, 10 min AMRAP of:
-40 wall balls 20#
-30 thrusters empty bar
-100 double unders
-20 pull ups
-10 muscle ups (scaled to ring dips)

Went unbroken on the wall balls in 1:25, not bad.  Thrusters were 3 sets of 10, minimal break.

Double unders were same as usual, but the streaks I had, were pretty long, and I had three of them, amid the failed attempts to get them going.

Started the pull ups with 3:00 left.  Did 15 and 5.   Started the dips, did 3 quick ones, then 2, then 1, the as I went down for #7 the time was up.

196 reps. I was happy with that.  Kept pace with Kamil, I had 15 double unders left when he finished his, and he finished the dips and got 9 wall balls. 

Happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment