Tuesday 8 July 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, July 8th

The bad news is I didn't make it to the handstand push ups.

The good news is I'm doing strict press at lunch so it's a good thing I didn't make it to the handstand push ups.

Strength/Skill work was snatch balance: bar on back of shoulders, snatch grip, dip and drive, get under the bar.

I can't do the squat version very well and after inadequate warm up I tried a split snatch and felt a sharp pain in my groin of the right leg, the one that goes back.  I don't think it's what I'd call injured, but I felt it during the WOD.

I'll keep an eye on it, and make sure I warm up properly every time.

I went back to the squat version just empty bar, pretty much catching it power, and squatting as best I could. 

Then we did snatch grip dead lifts.  3 sets of 5

Did 135#, 155#, 155#.  I should've used straps and went heavier.   Hindsight.

The WOD was a 10 minute cap chipper.
- 50 calorie row
- 80 double unders
- 20 power cleans at 135#
- 30 hand stand push ups

Lost 30 seconds switching rowers as the display failed to light up on the first one I tried.

Went hard.  Caught the Maks, who had a 30 second head start, but it cost me.

Double unders were shit.

Felt my groin a bit on the power cleans.  Managed to get 17 in before the cap.

147 reps.  Meh.  Keep my eye on the big picture.  Focus on the plan.  Strength. 6 more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment