Friday 4 July 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, July 4th

Funny how coming off a couple of PRs can leave you down.  It should be the opposite.

Yesterday lunch time workout sucked so bad, I didn't even log it. 

Tried to get some squats going, was struggling at 205#!  Then tried some front squats and at 135# for sets of 8 sucked.

Did some stretching instead.  Ugh.

So this morning when we were doing 1 rep max back squat, I was kinda glad I'd hit a PR on Monday, it kinda gave me a pass.

I still worked up to 255#, I was happy with that. I probably should've tried 265# at least, but meh.  Still had a WOD to do.

We did 12.3, but I didn't do it Rx (although in hindsight, I probably could have).

18 minute AMRAP (yes 18)
- 15 box jumps
- 12 push press 115# (I scaled this to 95#)
- 9 toes to bar

I did 5 rounds + 7 box jumps.  The push press was the easiest part, should've went Rx. Oh well.

I did the push press unbroken for the first 4 rounds.   The box jumps were slow and steady. The t2b got progressively harder.  Did mostly 5 and 4, but at the end they weren't stringing together so well.

I think I'll just stretch at lunch.  Or maybe bench press. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment