Tuesday 15 July 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, July 15th

Challenging day at Crossfit today.

Started with my favorite: overhead squats.

Find 3 rep max.

95# was okay.  115# wasn't. Maybe should've tried 105#.

WOD naturally had OHS

21-15-9
- handstand push ups (scaled to 11, 8, 5 with one abmat)
- overhead squats 95# (scaled to 65#)
- toes to bar

AKA murder for the shoulders.

Need to kip harder in the beginning. I can lock it out with much kip at first but it deteriorates quickly with any volume.  Made it 10 without pause, but with insufficient kip and then was toast for the rest of the workout until the last round of 5 when I decided to kip more aggressively.

Made it through 21 OHS the first round and 7 in the second, but it was taking too much time and I wasn't getting the benefit of the workout, so I switched to front squat and sped through the rest.

T2B were okay,  sets between 4 and 7 reps.  7s near the start, and 4s near the end.

18:02, total time.  It'll do.

Shoulders are toast.  Strict press at lunch will be so much fun! I can't wait. Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment