Tuesday 3 June 2014

Strength and Crossfit log for Tuesday, June 3rd

Slept in this morning.  Dex was up in the night, and after changing his pyjamas and bedding, there was no way I was falling back to sleep quickly.

When my alarm sounded at 5:00, I turned it off and was already sleeping before my head hit the pillow.

Thanks to Kamil I got the low down on the workout and it was actually something I could do at the Y, so I figured, why not?

They did strict press for strength after the WOD, which I had done yesterday, and they super set that with legless rope climbs.

No rope at the Y, so I planned to do strict pull ups between my sets of overhead squats before trying the WOD.

I was working so hard and staying so focused on the OHS that I forgot all about the pull ups.

I worked up to 2 sets of 5 at 95#, and then back down to 75# and 65# for 6-8 reps.  Exhausting work.

The WOD was "Macho Man".  I've found a variety of definition and prescribed weights, so I did what Kamil and Mitch did this morning:

EMOM,
-2 power cleans
-2 front squats
-2 jerks
@ 135#.

As I type this I am realizing that it was supposed to be 3 reps of each not 2. Doh!

Oh well, I made 10 rounds plus the cleans and squats of round 11, so that's good anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment