Wednesday 4 June 2014

Crossfit log for Wednesday, June 4th

Nice to be back at Crossfit this morning.

Got there a bit early so I ran my 1 mile warm up.  Need to remember to fill my water bottle next time.

We started with snatch work, from the hang.  4 sets of 1 hang power snatch, 1 hang snatch, 1 hang power snatch, 1 hang snatch.  No dropping the bar during the set.  Start at 65% of max increase to heaviest set possible.

Started at 75#. Did 85# went well.  Tried 95#, struggled with locking it out. Dropped back to 85# for the final set. Much better.

Next was dead lifts.  5 sets of 10 at 50%, 55%, 60%, 60%, 55%. 

The bad part of hitting a new dead lift PR is that the weights for those percentages went up.  165#, 180# and 195#. 

This was rough on my grip strength, even with hook grip.  I should've used straps given the WOD had pull ups.

The WOD was 15 minutes of Cindy.
- 5 pull ups
- 10 push ups
- 15 air squats

I did EMOM for the first 4 rounds then held on for dear life.  Made 10 rounds. I think I've done better, I'll have to check.

Once again, push ups suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment