Thursday 12 June 2014

Crossfit log for Thursday, June 12th

I don't think I'm sick. 

Usually when I suck this bad at Crossfit, within the next day or so I get tested for strep and it's usually positive.

I think this time I'm actually just tired.  The weekend comp took its toll, I hit the gym right away after.  I was fine at first, but today was rough.

This week has been hard on the shoulders and triceps, with dips and bench and overhead work, so I wasn't thrilled with the choice of strength work: strict press.

But I did dead lift yesterday, back squats the day before and those were the only two alternatives.  So I did press.  5 sets of 10, but not.   @ 55%, 60%, 60%, 60%, 55%.   Worked out to 75# and 80#

Set four was interrupted at 7 reps.  I had to rack it, the picked it up right away to finish off the 10.

The last set was even worse. Racked at 6, then 2 more reps, racked again, 2 more, but the second I couldn't lock it out.  Called it done at that point.

The WOD was no fun.

3 rounds for time:
- 8 dumbbell snatches left arm 50#
-15 toes to bar
- 8 dumbbell snatches right arm 50#
-40 double unders

Scaled the weight and halved the double unders and I was still 16:04.   Couldn't string the t2b with the rip on my hand and the overworked shoulders.  Double unders were random. Felt lethargic on the snatches.

Glad that's over.  Likely taking tomorrow morning off.   We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment