Wednesday 11 June 2014

Crossfit log for Wednesday, June 11th

A bit tired this morning. Toyed with the idea of staying in bed, but ultimately decided to go in and do my best.

We did dead lifts for strength, same scheme we've been doing lately: 5 sets of 10 @ 55%, 60%, 60%, 60%, 55%.  That worked out to be 180# and 195#

First two sets were the worst.  After that I guess my body was awake.

The WOD was called "Mighty Jackie", I haven't found it on any other web sites, so I may be the invention of Frank, our sadistic coach.

For time:
-30 chest to bar pull ups  (scaled to regular pull ups)
-50 front squats 115#/75#  (scaled to 95#)
-Row 1000m

The pull ups were rough due to the rip I got at Brockville.  I likely would've done the CTB if it weren't for the rip.  Broke them up as needed: 8, 7, 6, 9.

The rip actually held for the pull ups, but on the front squats, with my fingers bent so far back the skin opened, but it didn't hurt. Just a bit of blood. (I cleaned the equipment after the WOD).

Had to break them up too.  12, 15, 13, 6, 4

The began the horrible row.  I can't imagine how the Regional athletes who got back to the row on "The Fifties" workout handled it.  It was horrible. I was really happy when it was over.

Time was 12:44

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment