Friday 27 June 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, June 27

Special treat today at Crossfit today, Kiza came with me.

We worked next to each other.

For strength work we started with front squats, 4 rep max.  Having done 225# at Brockville after another WOD, I set my target at 235#. It helped that Mitch had just pointed that hid max for 4 is 225#

It was a struggle for the last rep, but I got it.

Then we did back squats, 2 sets of 8, at 50% of 1 rep max, explosive, no bounce.

50% would be 137.5# so I rounded up, but was too lazy to get 2.5# plates, so I used the 5# plates I already had, for 145#.

The WOD was brutal.
- 20 overhead squats at 95# (scaled to 65#)
- 3 rounds of:
  -15 clean and jerks 95#
  -10 chest to bar pull ups (scales to regular pull ups)
- 20 overhead squats

First set of ohs went really well, did 15 and 5.
Cleans were not fun, jerks were ok at first.
Pull ups were the only thing that wasn't taxing, I was having such a hard time with everything else, I decided to scale the pull ups.
Next 2 rounds just got harder
The last set of ohs were rough, did 10, 8 and 2.
Glad that's over. 20:50 DFL

Maybe giving blood yesterday had an effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment