Thursday 30 January 2014

Strength log for Thursday, January 30th

I should have stuck with my plan.

Not that I had much of a plan, but it was a plan and I let my ego change it.

I debated doing behind the next snatch grip push press, but decide to do snatch pulls followed by strict press.

The pulls didn't go very well, I seemed to have no power in the hip extension.

Then I was going to do 5 singles at 125#.  As I worked up, I still had that 130# PR in the back of my mind.

I decided, well my ego decided, if 125# went up without hesitation, I go for the PR instead of staying at 125# for 4 more sets.

You can guess what happened.  Two failed attempts at 130# then I was too fatigued to get 125#.

Then time was up!  I need to go back to one exercise.  Not for exhaustion, but so I can still do mobility!

I managed to get 5 or 6 minutes in a squat while waiting for the bus, and just before bed, I work my old lifting shoes (0.75" lift) and did two full 10 minutes sets.  It was rough, but I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment