Friday 24 January 2014

Strength and mobility log for Friday, January 24th

Finally got to do bench.

First I got on the rower for an easy 500m to get the heart pumping. I've been working my range of motion, pulling the bar to my chest without bending my wrists. Hope it helps.

Decided on  3 sets of 5 at 165#.  I knew it would be tough when I did 5 @ 135# as part of my warm up.

The last rep was a real struggle but I got 'er done.

I did the ring rows again, just 1 set of 8 with my feet 24" from the wall and 1 set of 5 @ 12", the 3 sets of 5 with my feet against the wall pulling all the way to my chest.

Mitch seems to thing I need to try muscle ups again. He says my pull ups and ring dips are solid enough, and my chest to bar pull ups are as good as his. I told him to give me another week, then I'll give it a go.

Ring muscle ups weren't even on my radar.  But given all the strength work I've been doing, it might be worth a try. You never know.

Did some bretzels and upward dog for mobility

No comments:

Post a Comment