Friday 24 January 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, January 24th

I am wiped.

I fell asleep right after putting Delilah to bed sometime between 8:00 and 8:30.

Woke up at sometime after 10 and went down to take my nutrition (Zinc and Vitamin D). Couldn't fall back to sleep until around midnight.

So it evens out I guess.

This morning we did a team WOD, since the gym is close tomorrow for the Firebreather competition. I guess that also explains why there were so many people at the morning class.

I worked with Rob, new guy. 

It was a 14 minute AMRAP, partner one does one round, while partner two rests, then switch, until time runs out.

2 muscle ups
4 ground to overhead 155# men/ 105# women
6 toes to bar
8 box jumps

Muscle ups were scaled to ring dips or bar dips
GTO was scaled lighter as required

We both did ring dips, and I settle on 115# on the bar, and Rob at 95#, we set up the bar while the other was doing T2B and box jumps to be ready for the next round.

I started. Rounds took about just under 2:00 each.  We both managed to get through 4 rounds and I got through the dips and the GTO of round 9. 

Not bad. I was slow on the T2B, but the third round I managed to string the last 5 together.  So I am able to do it, but it is so rough on the lats, teres minor and infraspinatis.  Definitely needs work.

Cash out was 5 sets of strict press vs 5 sets of strict pull ups.

Started at 95#, too heavy, but I made 2 rounds without problem, round 3 failed at 5, racked the bar and went back for 2 more, but that was it.

Used someone else bar for round 4, who had 85# on it, but still only managed 6 reps. Should have started at 85#.

Pull ups were 6 reps each round, except the 4th, just couldn't get that last one.

Then we ran out of time.

It'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment