Thursday 16 January 2014

Strength and mobility log for Thursday, January 16th

Not every day can be a PR day.

I tried so hard to get that strict press at 130#.

Riding high on a wave of 3 recent PRs that met my goals from October 2012, I decided to try to hit that strict press goal at 130#.

The last two attempts were made at 135#. Too ambitious. Both complete failures.

This time I was smart.  Build up slowly and try to hit 130#, meet the goal, not exceed the goal.

I really thought I could do it.  115# was going up so easily. 120# as well.  125#, my current best was a struggle, but I got it solidly.

Added those teeny tiny 2.5lbs plates and suddenly, it was no go. 

Three times I addressed the bar, and three time I couldn't get it past the top of my head.

I wasn't happy.  I dropped it back down to 125# and sure enough, with less struggle than the previous lift, I locked it out nicely.

Next week I'll try a 3x3 at 120# and maybe a try 125# for two the week after to gear up for another attempt in 3 weeks.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment