Monday 27 January 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, January 27th

I should be getting my new lifting shoes today.  (on a side note I really really hate UPS).

Today Coach Alex didn't make it, with the horrible road conditions, he wreck into a curb and damaged his car.  Sucks.

His replacement? Coach Frank.  The boss.  The head coach and inventor of our torturous programming.

It was actually a fun workout.   Similar to one they had to do this weekend at the Firebreather competition  (which he and teammates Anne, Alex, Michelle, Tim and Nathalie took first place!!).

Initially a 14 minutes AMRAP, he allocated an extra 3 minutes, in hopes we'd make it to the end.  We where shy 16 double unders.

In teams of the 3, share the work (reasonably equally)
-200 wall balls
-100 toes to bar
-150 box jumps
-200 double unders.

It was difficult to share equally, one of us was stronger than me the other weaker, but I think it worked out fairly balanced.

Double unders killed me, I got 3 turns, the first one I barely got 5, then I got a good string of 30 something, and third time like 6.  Ugh.

Wall balls and box jump were solid.  Toes to bar, I worked really hard, and managed to get a couple of good sets in.

Because Frank was late, we (those of us that could stay) did the strength work with the 6:30 class.

We worked on clean and jerk at 75% of max  (I used 135# instead of 139#)

- 2 cleans + 1 jerk
- 1 clean  + 2 jerks

repeat.

Did okay.  Frank gave me some good pointers.


No comments:

Post a Comment