Thursday 9 January 2014

Crossfit log for Thursday, January 9th

No trouble getting up this morning. 

Added a d-aspartic acid, fenugreek, maca supplement. I'll take this for the next 12 days.  So now my daily regime includes the above, ubiquinol (Q-10),  vitamin D, zinc citrate, fish oil and creatine. And protein of course.  We'll see how things feel in 2 to 3 months.


More than a little surprised to be doing back squats again, after Monday's 5x5 heavy and Tuesday, 150 air squats in "Nasty Girls" I wasn't expecting any additional leg work this week.

So 5 sets of 3 reps, at 95% of 5 rep max or more.  I worked with Kamil who is usually stronger than I am, but after his 3rd child's birth in early December, this was his first day back.

We warmed up with empty bar, the right to 135#, then 185# (had I known at this point that it was his first day back I might have gone up more slowly, but he's young, he'll recover).

Working sets were 205#, 215#, 215#, 225# and 225#.  Kamil did 215# on the fourth set and saved the 225# for the last only.

Was happy with that. I had no trouble at 225# for 3, I think I need to retest my 1 rep max.

Naturally having done heavy dead lifts yesterday, the WOD had heavy dead lifts.

10 minute AMRAP:
6 toes to bar
8 dead lifts 205# barbell
12 wall balls 20# med ball

Opted for 185# on the barbell instead of 205#.  Glad I did. First round was okay. Two first wall balls didn't hit the stupid wall. Second round, the t2b were impossible to string together.

Finished with 4 rounds plus 1 toes to bar. 

Good workout.

Talked to Seb at the Y to see if I could get some coaching. He was power lifting expertise, so could be useful in the stage from my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment