Tuesday 21 January 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, January 21st

Strength was a jerk complex.  Good thing I did those heavy push press yesterday at lunch! Not.

I'll stop complaining now. I have to resign myself to the fact than I cannot predict what Crossfit will throw at me, so I'll just train what I can, what I feel can use more work and just deal with the fallout.

Nutrition plan continues. 

So strength work, worked with Andrew, who is my age and just a stronger guy, but he'd been away from Crossfit for a few months and is just getting back into it, so he was going easy.

work up to 3 working sets of
- 2 power jerks + 2 split jerks at 60-65% of max, did 125#

then three sets of
- 1 power jerk + 2 split jerks at 70-75% of max, did 135#

was glad when it was over.

WOD was no fun.  (is it ever)
5 rounds for time
- 10 unbroken thrusters  Rx was 105#, but I was happy to be able to do 95#
- 5-10 unbroken chest to bar pull ups, find a number you can do for  5 rounds
- rest 90 seconds

Thrusters were actually okay.  105# might have been doable.  Only got 3 ctb first rounds, regrouped and did 5 each subsequent round.

The rest made the thrusters manageable. Last round still sucked though.

To "cash out" we were supposed to do 3 rounds of 30 double unders / 15 burpees.

I was wiped and ran out of time at 1 round + 8 double unders.

Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment