Friday 17 January 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, January 17th

Burned again.

After my failed attempt at a strict press record yesterday, this morning's strength work? You guessed it.  Strict press, 5 sets of 5.  Same weight throughout.

Working with Kamil again, ego made no difference, my shoulders were mush.

Warmed up to 95#, tried 105# managed it but wasn't doing 4 more at that weight. So back down to 95#. Bonus, got to count my last warm up set as a working set.

Spent some time working on chest to bar pull ups and kipping technique.

WOD was a 10 min AMRAP
6 thrusters 115#
8 kettle bell swings 24kg
2-3-4 chest to bar pull ups.  (alternating reps, so round 4 back down to 2).

Mitch and Kamil egged me on to do Rx. I had decided to do 105# for the thrusters, only 6 per round, but my poor shoulders. I felt 95# was wimping out, so I split the difference.

Then Kamil guilted me into the 24kg kettle bell instead of 20kg, since I was already scaling the thrusters I saw no point in using a heavier kettle bell, but fine, kettle bell at 24kg isn't so bad. 

At this point Mitch talked Kamil into going Rx, so, since I'd be doing chest to bar, not scaled, and 24kg on the kettle bell what's an extra 10lbs for thrusters, it's only 10 minutes right?

I should've listened to my instincts. After the first round I dropped to 105# and was much much happier.

Managed 4 rounds + 15 reps, got through the thrusters and kettle bell and with 10 seconds managed a single pull up. Round 3 took me three tries to get my last of 4 pull ups. Thankfully round 4 was only 2 reps.

Tired.  Two days rest are exactly what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment