Monday 13 January 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, January 13th

Feeling good today.  Recent records broken and goals met.  I'm over the soreness from coming back post Christmas. Well rested after two night going to be early.

Ready for another early morning workout.

Pre workout nutrition: 5mg creatine, 100mg ubiquinol, 2100mg d-aspartic acid, ~100mg caffeine ~ 400mg fenugreek, 6g CHO (maple syrup in my coffee).

Today we worked everything.

Started with jerks and front squats.

Every 90 seconds alternate for 12 rounds
- odd rounds: 2 jerks rest for remainder of 90sec
- even rounds: 3 front squats rest for remainder of 90sec

use  different weights, plenty of time to switch.  Jerk was important to not go so heavy that form became an issue.  I ended up staying at 135#, I tried 155# during warm up and it just wasn't stable enough, I might have been able to go 145# but I wanted to focus on form.

Front squats were 185#, happy with that.  The last set was hard.

So six sets of each.

The WOD was a 10 minute AMRAP:
- 10 wall balls 20# med ball
- 2 chest to bar pull ups  (add 2 pull ups each round)

I made it through 5 rounds so 10 wall balls, 10 ctb pull ups, finished the wall balls of round 6 and did 6 of 12 ctb pull ups, although it took me 8 tries, 2 of the last 4 my chest didn't touch the bar.

Glad I went Rx.  I was able to string 4 ctb together for a couple of rounds.

To finish we had 40 strict pull ups.  Did 6 unassisted, there was no way I was getting to 40 at that rate, so I got a small blue band to assist me.  Made it to 20 in multiple sets of 5 or 6 reps. Then it was time for the next class, so I stopped there.

Post workout nutrition: 25g protein, 5mg creatine.

No comments:

Post a Comment