Thursday 23 January 2014

Strength and mobility log for Thursday, January 23rd

Kind of a blah day.

Hard to follow such a huge day as yesterday.

Couldn't figure out what to do.  I had done ring rows and weight pull ups this week.  Squats twice at Crossfit. Push press and jerks. Yesterday's dead lifts.  I considered doing bench, but there is a high probability that we'll do that tomorrow morning, and if by chance we don't, I can do that tomorrow at lunch.

So what to do today.

The thing I need to work most, at least in terms of my achievement list, is power snatch. But we did snatch this morning.

I finally decided to do power cleans, 3 heavy sets of three, then take some load off and do a couple of sets of power snatch.

I just didn't have any drive.  My posterior chain is too tired.  I probably should have just done mobility for today, or risk bench.

Anyway,  did 3 power cleans at 95# and 135#,  2 sets of 3 at 155#,  stopped to chat, came back for set 3 but after one reps it just wasn't any good, so I bailed. 

I felt guilty, so I tried a couple of power snatches at 65#, and it was just not fun, so I moved on to mobility, where I should have been the whole time.

After that I once again did my mobility homework. Teres Major stretch and exercise, deep squat stretch and exercise. Definitely showing signs of progress.  



No comments:

Post a Comment