Wednesday 29 January 2014

Strength and mobility log for Wednesday, January 29th

Well maybe it wasn't the doubling up of strength work that killed me Monday.

I woke at around midnight that night, after crashing at 7:30pm, shivering. My skin was burning to the touch. I didn't even have the will to get some Tylenol.  (my go to: Advil, doesn't mix well with creatine).

After about an hour I was able to fall back to sleep, but kept waking, I just couldn't get comfortable.

I stayed in bed all day Tuesday, stirring only to get the kids at daycare, make a pitiful supper, which I ate none of, and give some quick baths before I was back in bed for the night.

No fever (without Tylenol, I was willing to risk it, to see if the symptoms had resolved themselves, which looks like they had).  But I still woke up in the night and took a couple of hours to fall back to sleep.

This morning I tackled the day as any other, following my routine as much as possible (minus Crossfit, plus a planned trip to Delilah's nephrologist). 

Took my nutrition, went to the gym at lunch.

Yeah, that might have been a mistake.

I wanted to try my new lifting shoes and missing a whole 24 hours of training, is like craziness.  

So I did a short front squat/back squat workout and I was wiped.

4 sets of 2 front squats 4 back squats @ 185#.

Was way harder than it should have been.  Oh well done is done.

I tried to hold a squat for the 30min/day 30 day squat challenge it sucked. Badly.

I'll try again tomorrow, I'll work up to 10 minutes and then start by doing 3 sets of 10 minutes throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment