Friday 31 January 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, January 31st

First day back since I was sick Tuesday. 

Not that I'd been idle, but being at Crossfit is not the same as going to the gym.

Interestingly we did behind the next snatch grip push press, which I toyed with the idea of doing yesterday.

3 sets of 4, Andrew and I settled on 115#

Then the hard part.  Snatch balance.  3-3-2-2-2-1

Andrew has even more trouble with this than I do.  But I somehow managed to get into a squat with the bar overhead.  My new 1" shoes helped no doubt. 

It was still rough.  Did empty bar for the first sets, then upped it to a whopping 65# for the rest.  I call it progress.

The WOD was a 12 minute AMRAP.

7 chest to bar pull ups
30 double unders
15 dead lifts with the axle @ 110#
7 shoulder to overhead with same axle
15 double unders

Except I did 30 double unders every time.

We staggered the start a bit to share an axle, but Andrew caught up to me, I hurried through the dead lifts and let him do his, with a bit of rest I did the STO touch and go really fast. Surprised myself.

Managed 2 full rounds and made it to 4  STO of round 3.  Not bad.  I would have finished 3 rounds if I'd done the 15 double unders at the end of each round instead of 30! Which also explains how Andrew caught up to me

Afterwards I spend 5 minutes in a squat, but in my nanos, sucked more but did it.

Then I got an extra 2.5 minutes waiting for the bus.    That leaves 22.5 minutes for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment