Tuesday 14 January 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, January 14th

Burned again. 

Hoping for cleans for strength, but no, after yesterday's lunch time strict press, what do we get this morning.  Push press.

It wasn't that bad.  4 sets of 10 touch and go, all the same weight.  So no stopping or resting until the 10 are done.  You could pause at the top if needed, but once the bar hit the shoulders it was going back up.

I worked with Kamil again. Last time I pushed him to heavier squat that he would have. Today he pushed me to heavier push press than I would have.

I was happy at 95#.  But he had to go and do 115#.  So before he peeled the 10s off I said I'd give it a try.

It was way harder than 95#, but I still managed to get all 10 without stopping.

After the second set I decided I would be counting the first set of 95# as my first working set. I just didn't have a fourth set at 115# in me.

WOD was another suck it up

8 minute AMRAP
3-6-9-12-15...
- snatches
- toes to bar
- box jumps

My snatch is my weakest link by far.  Rx men was 115#, women 75#.  Scaled men was 95#. Ugh.  I didn't even want to do 95#. There was no men's bars left so I took a women's bar, which is 10# lighter.  Started warming up with 10s, which is normally 65#, I later realized it was only 55#.  So even going to 15s wouldn't even be womens Rx.  So I went and go a couple of 5s and made it 75#. 

Workout starts, bang out 3 snatches at 75#, quickly run over to do my toes to bar and see Kamil working really hard at 115#. 

Well now I feel like a big wimp. So I hurry through my box jumps and quickly add the 10s for 95#, I had to at least do men's scaled.

It was a lot harder, and a lot slower, but I managed. I even strung together my 6 toes to bar on round 2.

All told I managed 3 rounds plus 6 snatches.

To close out we had 45 pull ups.  Since yesterday I only managed 20 of the required 40, today I decided to use a band from the get go (the next to smallest 1/2 inch blue band).   Did 9 relatively easy, decided to go for 5 sets of 9.

Nope.  Second set of 9 was a lot harder than the first, even with quite a long break putting the bar away. Third time up, 6 was my limit. So still 12 to go.  Okay, 6 and 6.  Nope.  5. Then 2!  Okay 3 and 2 to finish out.  Still no.  2 then 2 again, and finally 1 to finish.

Ugh. So glad that is over.


No comments:

Post a Comment