Tuesday 27 October 2015

Strength log for Tuesday, October 27th

Wasn't feeling great for bailing on Crossfit this morning, so I did quite a bit of work at lunch to compensate.

Started with my ring dip EMOM.

As planned after last week's fiasco, I tried a 7 minute EMOM of 7 reps.  I what I really want is 50 reps in as little time as possible, so on the first round I did 8 reps.

Ironically on the last round I came up 1 rep short at the buzzer.

Up to round 5 things went swimmingly. Round six became 5 plus 2.  Then round 7 I was hoping for 4 and 3 or maybe even 3, 2, 2.  Ended up being 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, fail.

It's is unbelievable how quickly it just completely falls apart.

So after that, I did some ring rows, since the rings were already set up.  I found an angle that wasn't too demanding and focused on keeping a hollow body.  Did 3 sets of 10.

On the third set, I notices that as I got to the top I was nearly getting above the rings, like a muscle up progression, I actually tried a couple of reps to get on top of the rings using only my arms with my feet still on the ground. 

I may revisit this next week.

Then I did this morning's squat workout, 3 sets of 10.  Last time I did 205# and it wasn't too hard, so this time I aimed for 225#. A lot harder, but I still managed to get them all without hesitation or pause.

I was done after that though, exhausting work at that volume.

Done is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment