Thursday 15 October 2015

Crossfit log for Thursday, October 15th

Fell asleep rather late last night, but with my schedule this week and having Clarisse over to be there for the kids if they woke up, there was no way I was missing today's Crossfit.

Crawled out of bed and got ready.

Started with a rather intense warm up, 3 rounds for time of:
- 5 Hang Power Cleans, 95/65 lbs
- 5 Front Squats
- 5 Squat Cleans
- 2 Shuttle Runs

I took longer to get ready and was a round behind so I stopped after two rounds.  After I changed my shoes for the cleans, I did round 3, in lifters instead of nanos and just didn't do the run.

Next was cleans, tripples at 70%, 70%, 75%, 75% and 80%

The two sets at 75% were the best, fast through the middle, fast under the bar.  at 70% I was slow on the second pull. At 80% the first one I caught to far back, the second two far forward and finally the thirds was just right, a la Goldilocks.

Then the WOD. Ugh.  Didn't like this one.

5 rounds for time, 15 minute cap.
- 2 Shuttle Runs
- 6 Strict Handstand Push-ups
- 7 Ground To Overheads, 155/105 lbs
- 15 Ball Slams

I wasn't comfortable going upside down with my eye, so I did paralette push ups with my feet on a bench, close enough.
I went way too heavy on the bar, I should've did women's Rx, but decided to split the difference and did 135#.   Even 115# would have been smarter.

Didn't even get through round 4, made it to two ball slams.  So 3+17.  Meh.  At least I enjoyed the cleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment