Friday 16 October 2015

Crossfit log for Friday, October 16th

Since I had a ton of stuff to do for our weekend trip to Great Wolf Lodge, I decided to take the day off.
This meant I could sleep in and go to the 10 o'clock class.
It was a met con, but we were given the choice between the met con programming or the regular. There were only small differences, so I was able to do what the morning group did.

Warm up was a short chipper of 500 calorie row, 30 wall balls, 15 strict pull ups.
Then we did push press for 4 triples at 85%. Was supposed to do 155#, but working with Tom, with what he had on the bar and the plates we had with us it was just easier to do 165#. Hard, but they all went up.
Then the fun part, back squats, 5 heavy singles. 85%, 87%, 90%, 92%, 95%.
I started my first working set at 270#, then 280# and 290#. Then for the last two I did 295# and 300#.
I almost didn't do the last one, I was getting tired, and my legs felt like jello. But I finally decided to give it a go and I totally got it.
The WOD wad a horrible little 5 minute AMRAP:
- 10 calorie row
- 10 front squats 135#

I had no legs left for this. Between the weekend's wall balls, the RDLs on Wednesday, and today's wall balls and squats, I was a wreck.

Managed only 2 full rounds and the row.

Ugh. 

I complain a lot, but I really love working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment