Friday 23 October 2015

Crossfit log for Friday, October 23rd

We'll that was one of the tougher workouts I've done, even at women's Rx.

The warm up was a 3 round collection of banded monster walk, for 25', 10 glute bridges and 12 hollow rocks.

I really enjoyed the strength work, a 10 minute EMOM of 1 heavy back squat. I did 275#.

Then that WOD, OMG, rough, 20 minute AMRAP of:
- 3 power cleans
- 3 front squats
- 3 power jerks

Rx weight was 185#/135# with a note to use 65-70% of max clean and jerk. Which for me is right around women's Rx, so that's what I did.
There was also a note that there was s cap at 20 rounds.

So the plan going in was to do it as an EMOM and expect it to fall apart somewhere in the middle.

Yeah we'll, that lasted 3 rounds.

Around the fifth round I took a full minute rest. It was brutal. g At this point I refocused and channelled DT: I did 2 power cleans, break, 1 power clean 2 front squats, break,1 squat clean and the 3 jerks. This carried me through to the end.

Finished round 12 with 9 seconds left.

I was so dead after this. Looking forward to 2 days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment