Tuesday 6 October 2015

Crossfit log for Tuesday, October 6th

After a week of inactivity following my eye surgery last Wednesday, I finally got back to Crossfit this morning.

They say 1 to 3 weeks of recover.  So yeah.  1 week it is. 

It was a great workout.  I couldn't have asked for better.

The warm up was a 5 minutes AMRAP of 5 strict pull ups, 10 hollow rocks and 30 second plank hold.  Went well.  Especially the pull ups.

The strength work was 3 sets of 5 deadlifts, touch and go, at 60%.  which would've been 210#, but I opted for 185#.  That worked well.  I likely won't hit prescribed weight until next week or the beginning of the following week.

The WOD was a partner WOD, 21 minute AMRAP of
- 21 calorie row
- 21 step down box jumps 24"
- 21 dumbbell snatch 70#/50#
- 21 chest to bar pull ups

I didn't feel like I'd be pulling my own weight in my condition and we were 9 this morning so I volunteered to shadow Kamil's replacement partner Jocelyn.

We alternated who went first each round, whoever was first did the extra rep/cal.

We split the calories in half (11/10), the box jumps in 4 sets of 5 (first person did 6), same for the snatches and at first chest to bar pull ups were 7 sets of 3, which didn't work so well.

They used women's Rx dumbbell and I opted for one of the new 45# ones, only 5# difference, but whatever.  50# wouldn't have been a problem.

Turns out I did hold my own, and totally kept up with Jocelyn (who is relatively new) at worst I was two reps behind him on the box jumps at one point, but caught up quickly.

I think we did 4 full rounds and 50 reps (the 50 reps I'm sure, the 4 rounds i'm pretty sure, if not it was 5 full rounds, but I don't think so).

There was just enough rest and just enough work.  I worked hard the whole time and didn't fade.  Felt good.



No comments:

Post a Comment