Thursday 22 October 2015

Crossfit log for Thursday, October 22nd

Today went a bit better than yesterday. 

Got out of bed quickly.  Got ready quickly.  I was at the gym before 5:20.

Warm up was a 4 rounds of 9 wall balls 7 ring rows.  Not a whole lot of fun.

Then we did close grip bench press for 3 sets of 10.  I've done 20 reps at 135# in the past, but that may have been too long ago to count.  I figured with enough rest I could manage 135# for 3x10.

Not quite.  Sets one and two went fine, but I ran out of triceps on rep 5 of set 3.  Good enough.

The WOD was a short 10 minute AMRAP of:
- 9 calorie row
- 20 wall balls
- 2 rope climbs.

Lost time retying my shoes after the first set of rope climbs.  Grrr.

I discovered an efficiency boost for my rope climbs.  I can pretty much climb 15' in two pulls, no matter what, but if I get a good jump and a tight tuck on the first one, I'm only a couple of feet from the 15' mark.  So instead of my usual second tight tuck, I can make the difference with a way less taxing shallow tuck which takes much less effort to straighten out.  Way better.

Managed 3 full rounds + 9 calories.

I was spent.  Wish I had tied my shoes tight from the get go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment