Friday 9 October 2015

Crossfit log for Friday, October 9th

Was really torn this morning.  With the Team Series part two this weekend, and stress and fatigue from life, I would have like to stay in bed.

However I was awake at 4am and there was no chance of falling back to sleep so I just got up and got ready.

For warm up we did a 5 min AMRAP of 7 cal row, 8 ring rows and 9 air squats.

Then we moved on to the strength work.

4 sets of 4 push press at 85% of max, I did 155# and that was not easy, so a good choice.

Worked with Kyle, who is much stronger than I am but as tall and nursing a shoulder issue so we did the same weight, only his were touch and go.  After I thanked him for destroying my ego, so paused between reps.  Nice of him.

For the squats, well he just added 45# plates for an extra 90# to whatever I was doing.

We did 6 singles at roughtly 82%, 82%, 87%, 90%, 92%, 92%

I did 255#, 255#, 275#, 285#, 295#    I guess I miscounted. Good enough.

Then the WOD.  An innocent looking AMRAP of only 8 minutes with only:
- 5 dead lifts 255#/175#
- 5 burpee chest to bar pull ups

That's it.  Started to suck at the end though.

I scaled the deadlifts to 185#, but only because I thought Rx was 225#.  If I had realized my mistake I might have gone for 225#, but with my eye recovering and all, 185# was likely a good choice.

The burpees were rough.

I managed 5 full rounds and 6 reps into round 6.  Happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment