Thursday 15 October 2015

Accessory log for Thursday, October 15th

Pure accessory day at the Y

Started with 500m on the rower to warm up, the did my supinated bent over barbell rows.

Got a better position, legs bent more and back almost parallel to the floor, did a set of 8 at 115# to warm up and a working set of 5 at 165#.

Then I did a couple of pull ups before beating up my grip.

At the last minute I decided to do the dumbbell rows too.   Warmed up with 70# for 8 each side then got the 100#.  I asked if they had anything heavier and they didn't, but Dwayne suggested one of the pulley rigs.  I gave it a try.  Didn't get the range of motion or the vertical angle but it was worth a try.  Tried 110#, 120# and even 130#.

When I went back to the 100# dumbbell, it felt way harder.  Maybe due to fatigue?  Who knows. I'll figure something out.

Then I beat up my wrists. 

Started with standing wrist curls at 65# to warm up, then after a couple of reps at 95# I bumped it to 115# for 7.  That was the right choice. Man my forearms were burning.

Then I did some seated wrist curls with a dumbbell at 30# for 6 reps per side then another set at 4 reps. 

Good workout.  Feel like I hit everything this week, despite so few workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment