Wednesday 28 October 2015

Crossfit log for Wednesday, October 28th

Stayed up way too late last night watching the cinematics from Halo 5.

Managed to crawl out of bed and hit the gym with time to spare.  Used it to roll out my back and glutes.  Still some tightness going on, but almost all gone.

I did pretty good on the warm up for once, I think I got through four full rounds in the 4 minutes, granted I only used 75# bar and 14# med ball.

Warm up: AMRAP 4 mins: Power Cleans, Hang Squat Cleans and Wall Balls

Then we did the confusing EMOM, for 8 minutes, but every 90 seconds.  I should have guessed that the Beyond the white board pick lists did it wrong and not Frank doing bad math.  Because 8 minutes at 90 seconds, one, doesn't add up and two is only 5 rounds.  It was 8 rounds, the software assume 1 round per minute.  So I chose my weight for 5 rounds, but managed to pull through for all 8.

Every 1:30 for 8 rounds: Power Clean + Clean + Front Squat


Used 165# for the first two rounds then 175# for what I thought was 3 more rounds, which turned in to 6.  Oh well. I worked hard.


Then the WOD.
AMRAP 15 mins:
- 10 Power Cleans 135#/95#
- 20 Wall Balls
- 30 Double Unders

Scaled the cleans to 105#, glad I did, after round 2 I was wiped.

The wall balls went well, I wanted to do sets of 5, but everytime I'd do a 6th, then I'd rationalize getting to 7 and if I could just get 8 then I'd only have two left, so I'd do sets of 10.  Mind games.


Took until round 3 to finally get 30 double unders unbroken, gah! Then couldn't repeat it in round 4. In fact my last 3 double unders for round 4 were after the buzzer, but I counted them anyway since they were part of my last 12 unbroken streak.

Score: 4 rounds even. :P

Then we had a stupid EMOM of 7 burpee box jumps.

Yeah, scaled that to 5 reps, and after 5 rounds I called it.  It was enough.



7 Burpee Box Jumps, 24/20 in Every 1 min for 7 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment